28th July, 2017 is World Hepatitis Day. Let’s learn some facts about this disease…
1. Viral Hepatitis is one of the leading causes of death.
2. 1.34 million people die of Hepatitis globally every year.
3. Abut 90% of people living with Hepatitis B are nor aware they are infected and 80% of people living with Hepatitis C also do not know that they have the disease. These people are able to transfer the infectionsunknowingly to others.
4. 80% of all liver cancers are caused by Hepatitis B and C
5. Hepatitis is highly infectious.
Learn more to stay protected. Share the information with a friend.