As one of the leading causes of death globally, knowing how to prevent yourself from getting infected with Hepatitis is a smart decision to promote your health and protect your life.
To begin with, I’d like to state that Hepatitis is an infectious disease which makes it safe to say that the use of infection prevention strategies is needed fully.
- Practice good hygiene. Always practice correct handwashing. Wash your hands with soap under running water. Especially after visiting the bathroom, before handling food, before and after eating. Also wash your hands after changing diaper.
- Practice safe sex. Hepatitis B, C, and D are transmitted through blood and other body fluids like semen, saliva. Choose one partner. Always use a condom.
- Avoid sharing needles and other sharp objects like blade.
- Get vaccinated! There are hepatitis vaccines available, protect yourself.
- Don’t indulge in excessive drinking of alcohol. Heavy drinkers are at a risk of getting hepatitis.
Save a life by sharing this information. You have a question, drop it in the comment section and I’ll get back to you.