1. Diabetes is preventable! Yes you can protect yourself from diabetes by being physically active. Doing at least 30 minutes of exercise most of the days plus eating healthy can help minimise your risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
2. Physical inactivity, overweight and obesity can be said to be the chief cause of the increasing diabetes epidemic in the world.
3. There are 4 types of diabetes which are; Type 1 diabetes , Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes and Pre – diabetes. But about 90% of diabetes cases are Type 2 diabetes.
4. Globally, deaths associated with diabetes have 80% recorded in low and middle-income countries.
5. Lack of awareness about diabetes, combined with insufficient access to health services, can lead to complications such as blindness, amputation and kidney failure.
6. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death globally.
NB: Share with a friend.