It’s the Love Season. People are giving love and others receiving love. There are a lot more people who will be feeling like they are not a part of the season. But that can’t be true if you are alive. You can also show someone love.
In the spirit of celebrating love, there are some actions that bring unhealthy and undesirable consequences that may last through a lifetime. It’s a day of love, let’s live it avoiding these mistakes.
1. Having unprotected sex : Most dates will end up in sexual activities at the end of today. If he or she is not your husband or wife, I would advice you abstain. But if you will engage in it, then better be safe than sorry. Protect yourself, protect your partner. Use a condom.
2. Hooking up with your Ex : I know valentine’s day can be an emotional time for people especially if you’re single. But making a rush decision to hook up with your Ex can be tricky. Old flames need little to spark up again. Engaging in sex with your Ex might seem familiar to you but remember he/she might not be in the same state of health as when you dated. He/she may have had a couple of relationships. Having sex with this person can lead to getting infected with HIV or other Sexually transmitted infections. Do not take it for granted just because the two of you used to date. HIV is real, protect yourself.
3. Too much Alcohol intake: The healthy amount of alcohol intake is one bottle for women and at most two for men in a day if you want to drink. Don’t turn this day into a drunken night. There are so many Alcohol related injuries (road traffic accidents, bar brawls, etc) , rape, diseases etc. Watch what you’re drinking and how much.
4. Indulging in Aphrodisiacs : There is a pool of alcoholic drinks in the market in Ghana. Almost every drink is a sex enhancing bitters. Because of nature of the day, most men will be tempted to drink these beverages to “enhance their potency ” sexually on order to crown their day. But beware of these drinks. Most of these bitters are causing harm to kidneys, the liver, prostate and even impotence. You don’t need them. If you feel there is something wrong, go and get checked at the hospital.
5. Having high expectations : It is always better to expect little and be surprised with much than the other way round. Feelings of disappointment can lead to feelings of depression. Depression can cripple you emotionally, physically, mentally and even spiritually. Allow yourself room for adjustable expectations. You will be saving your health a great deal.
Enjoy your day thinking about your health.
Share with your friends.