It’s STRESS AWARENESS MONTH!
We all go through some kind of stress in life. From a job interview to a financial debt, a sick child to a troubled relationship, even planning a wedding to writing an exam. These stressors can negatively affect your health if not dealt with properly.
When stress is allowed to take control, it prevents you from living your normal life and can lead to
1. anxiety disorders
2. High blood pressure
3. Increase your risk of obesity
4. Increase risk of diabetes
5. Depression, etc.
But stress can be controlled by;
1. Learning to laugh it off! Not every situation needs a serious approach. You have to laugh at some things just to keep your sanity. Plus laughter definitely looks better on you than moodiness.
2. Sharing with someone; Yeah I know ….by now you’re probably saying Priscilla you don’t know what people can do with your stuff. But I do. I know it can be difficult to trust sometimes but you need to let your guard down sometimes to share with someone just to lighten your load.
3. Let it go! It is enough, you have held on to this thing for too long and the stress of it is killing you. Learn to let somethings go. Not everything and everyone has to get an apartment in your head. Some people just have to spend a day, an hour or even some minutes in your mind and then puff! they’re gone. Don’t stress yourself with temporary things.
4. Find your happy place. Is it movies, music, prayer, the word of God, or reading stories. Go there. Be happy.
5. Tell yourself this too shall pass. This is actually one of my favourites in times of stress. I say to myself, this too shall pass. Because it is true. Nothing remains the same. If it will pass then there is no need killing yourself over it.
In this month of April, learn to de- stress and stay healthy.